Richard came to Taylor Fry in 2004 from actuarial consulting roles in London, New Zealand and Hong Kong. His projects encompass injury schemes, social welfare, corporate analytics across a range of industries, and personal lines insurance pricing.
Richard established our analytics practices, advising and modelling for government, banking, telecommunications and loyalty programs, such as Qantas. He holds a PhD in maths and develops models for insurers to analyse customer demand and performance, as well as risk for motor insurance.
He is the primary actuary for the Motor Accident Insurance Commission, and the South Australian compulsory third party insurance regulator.Richard’s Qualifications
- Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia
- Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (UK)
- Fellow of the New Zealand Society of Actuaries
- Master of Science (Dist) (Mathematics), Canterbury University, New Zealand
- PhD (Mathematics), Canterbury University, New Zealand
Areas of Expertise
Richard Brookes’s Areas of Expertise
Recent ArticlesMore articles
Algorithm Charter for Aotearoa: Six things to be doing now
What should New Zealand government agencies consider when implementing the Algorithm Charter for Aotearoa New ZealandRead Article